Friday, July 12, 2024

Cooking from novels vs novel cooking

Yes, to me there is a difference.  For me there is nothing novel about cooking even cooking for one. I am also a bibliophile so when I can combine that with cooking then BONUS.

I was pondering breakfast and then early dinner followed by memories of books that fed these thoughts. I had a few small tomatoes, a partial package of spaghetti noodles, bacon that needed to be cooked, and a little minced garlic.  Hence Shakshuka for brunch and Spaghetti Carbonara for later. My meal planning for today is more than food, it is from reading.

Shakshuka came from reading “All the Flowers in Paris” by Sarah Jio.

Spaghetti Carbonara came from “Garlic and Sapphires” by Ruth Reichl.

Just like when I find unfamiliar words then search the meaning, the same holds true when a meal is mentioned but recipe not provided. Reichl included it in the book. With Jio, the recipe would not have provided added value to the story but the quick breakfast choice was important for what was going on at the moment.

Both books I would highly recommend and each could not be more different when it comes to genre.

So that being said or read, it would be interesting for me to know what other books inspired you as the reader to prepare a meal or a dish. Computer la-la land may not work best for my endeavor so I will post this to my blog then also to Facebook.

Here is to scrolling on …

No comments:

Post a Comment